Representing Crystal Meth Crimes Cases in Houston
Houston Drug Crime Lawyer
Methamphetamine is a highly addictive controlled substance. With the recent rise in usage of methamphetamine in America, prosecutors are treating meth crimes increasingly more serious. Under Texas law, crystal meth is a Penalty Group I drug, the most severe possible classification. A Penalty Group I substance is a drug that has no accepted medical usage, and if convicted of a charge involving a Penalty Group I drug, you can go to jail or prison, and also pay extremely high fines.
If you have been charged with the crime of crystal meth possession then you need to retain the services of a qualified Houston drug crime lawyer as soon as possible. Houston crystal meth lawyer Mark Morasch has
more than 17 years of legal experience as a criminal defense lawyer former prosecutor, and he has
personally handled thousands of drug cases. Because Mark is a former prosecutor, he knows how law enforcement builds a drug case and knows how to defeat the District Attorney's drug case against you.
In addition to methamphetamine possession, Attorney Morasch represents cases involving the sale of crystal meth and the cooking of methamphetamine in meth labs.
What are the penalties for meth possession?
Depending on the quantity of the crystal meth involved, the penalties for having methamphetamine can vary significantly.
The penalties for methamphetamine possession under Texas law are as follows:
- Less than 1 gram of meth: Jail or prison sentence of 180 days to 2 years, a fine of up to $10,000, or both.
- 1 to 4 grams: Prison sentence of 2 to 10 years, a fine of up to $10,000, or both.
- 4 to 200 grams: Prison sentence of 2 to 20 years, a fine of up to $10,000, or both
- 200 to 400 grams: Prison sentence of 5 to 99 years, a fine of up to $100,000, or both.
- 400+ grams: Prison sentence of 10 to 99 years, a fine up to $100,000, or both.
Get a Lawyer on Your Side Today
Attorney Morasch has received a
9.0 "Superb" rating on Avvo.com, and prides himself in providing committed service to all his clients. To learn how a diligent meth attorney can be of assistance, please contact his firm today.